Thursday, May 17, 2007

Organics at Trader Joe’s

My thoughts on Trader Joe’s …

Currently there is only one Trader Joe’s in the Hampton Roads area, located in Newport News. I have been there a couple of times, but do not frequent it on a regular basis as it is about a 45-minute drive from where I’m at in Chesapeake.

Trader Joe’s does carry a variety of organic and “all-natural” items. Again, one must really look at the labels. They do carry some organic dairy as well as organic pasta, jams, sweeteners, organic canned goods, etc. However, they do not carry a number of the reliable products and brands that most health food stores do.

Although Trader Joe’s prices are certainly competitive, I am personally a very picky Maker’s Diet shopper, and both times I have visited Trader Joe’s I did not always find what I was looking for as far as ingredients. Their meat selection in the frozen isle is decent though. They have a few of wild/free range items.

If any of you happen to make a trip to Trader Joe’s and have any updated info, let me know.

0 comments: